REGISTRATION NOW REQUIRED!
As of August 18th, online registration is now required to ensure that a class is held. If there are no registrations received for a particular class, that class will be cancelled. Need a specific training or want to attend a certain class, register online TODAY!
Click on "Training Calendars" to see the entire month! Then click on "Registration" to complete the simple registration form.
NEW FOR THE 2014-2015 SCHOOL YEAR: Trainings will be held at numerous locations throughout the county. Our community-based organizations and supporters are graciously opening training space for our use. Please remember that trainings are open to everyone and there is NO recruiting at FKCE training events.
- CLASSES NOW LISTED ONLINE THROUGH DECEMBER!
- Join the Advisory Committee: Care providers are invited to join our monthly advisory committee to provide ideas/information for upcoming trainings. Our next meeting is Wednesday, Sept 17th at 9:30am (CWS). We need more representation of care givers at this meeting to ensure your needs are being met. Join us!
- The Solano Children & Youth Board Meeting is open to all care providers as your feedback is greatly appreciated. Join us Wednesday, Sept 17th at 11:30am at Tony's in Vacaville.
- Win a Back to School Basket (valued over $300): Get a free raffle ticket at each training you attened. Purchase additional tickets for $5 each by using the Donation link below! Drawing will occur September 27th. All donations will help support the foster parent association.
- BAILEY'S BIRTHDAY BASH-JACKET/HOODIE DRIVE: In honor of Bailey's 14th birthday she has asked that the community donate jackets/hoodies for Solano County foster youth. Donations will be accepted from 9am-12pm on Saturday, September 27th at the Parents by Choice Office (827 Missouri St, Suite 5, Fairfield) or from 3-5pm at Jackie Jones Tutoring (840 Lovers Lane, Vacaville, CA). Any questions, please contact Tyffany Wanberg at 707-689-8866 or by email at email@example.com Click here for the event flyer!
- STATE ORIENTATION: September 30th 9:30am-12:30pm at the Vacaville Training Center (840 Lovers Lane, Vacaville). Be sure to register online (click on "registration")
- PARENT PROJECT JR-LOVING SOLUTIONS: Are you interested in getting some extra parenting tools? We need a group of 12-16 people to ensure this class is held. If you are interested in attending a future session, please email Tyffany Wanberg at Tyffany@parentsbychoice.net
- Solano Children and Youth Support Meeting: October 20, 2014 from 6-8pm at Harvest Church in Vacaville. Dinner & Childcare will be provided. Trunk or Treat and kids in costume as well! RSVP by email to Tyffany@parentsbychoice.net Training Topics: Disaster Preparedness & Caregiver Rights/Responsibilities/Grievances
COMMUNITY PARTNERS INFORMATION
- Seneca Kinship Family Night Activities-open to all Kinship families. Bring the kids and enjoy a fun night together:
- September 24th: 4-7pm MOVIE NIGHT (2750 N. Texas Street, Ste 450 Fairfield, CA 94533)
- October 29th - 4-6:30pm BOWLING (Stars Recreation Center, 155 Browns Valley Pkwy, Vacaville, CA 95688)
- November 19th - 3:30 - 5:30pm ICE SKATING (Vacaville Ice Sports, 551 Davis, Street, Vacaville, CA95688)
- Adoption Support Lifebook Group (Aispiranet),click here
- Want to see your organizations information/activites on our website, please send an email with all the details directly to Dottie@fosterluv.com
How Do I Get Up-to-Date Information? or
Are you not receiving our newsletters?
Step 1: for updates by the quick form below!
Step 2: Explore the site, for classes and provide your feedback
Step 3: Check back regularly for announcements and upcoming events
2015 Conference and 2014 Festival of Trees donations can be made anytime using the link below.